The English Transformice Community

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mouseterize's Maps Galore!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Well, SPIRITS in transformice probably kept voting no cus they cant finish the fckin maps, so I might as well show my hard work here.

I wrote "CANNONS" on my first map so I knew it would get deleted. So after that, I revamped it and added new things to it to it to make it better. BEHOLD MY BEST CREATION YET!!!(which sadly got deleted).

Map1-Piston

The mechanism below is a piston moved by the rotating small plank hidden behind the big plank in the bottom left corner. This machine works just like the pistons in your car engine(minus the gasoline and the internal combustion). It's such a wonderful thing to watch the whole map operate. I'm very saddened the fgts voted no on this. It's most likely because of the anvil that chases the players as they slide down the ice which drops on their heads and kills them if they cant time their jump onto the small platform where the hole is correctly. Fckers I tell you....
[edit] this map has now been voted off twice.... GG

-----------

Map2-Trampbox
This is the second map I built. It's a map where your luck will be tested. What you need to do is to bounce aroun and keep holding either the left or right arrow and hope that you hit just the right angle to get yourself out of the box and bounce towards the angled platforms that help you get to the cheese. This map has also been deleted.

-----------

Map3-Rotating Elevators
This is my third map. It's simply a platforming map where you need to time your jumps in order to get to the cheese and into the hole. The noob-killer platform is the small rotating plank near the cheese. The off-centered box is there so that as you can run into it and stick to the box even if the plank has already rotated past 270 degrees. You should be able to hold onto it for up to 300 degrees of rotation before you are forced to drop; this is good enough for you to be able to make your jump to the 2nd small plank which will carry you to the hole. This map is still available as of this post.

-----------
Map4-Shaman challenge

This 4th map(created just a few mins ago) was made to test the skill of the shaman. The bouncing anvil is there to annoy him and ruin most of his creations. If you are to succeed in this map, then you better hope your shaman is smart enough to build something useful, or that you are lucky enough to be hit by the anvil and somehow fly towards the cheese and hole.

-----------

MORE MAPS COMING SOON!!!!(hopefully they don't get deleted >_>)

[edit] MY BAD I DIDN'T NOTICE THE "Map Editor" SUB FORUM!!! Dx

Last edited by Mouseterize on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rebirth

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 pm

I was shaman in a map like the last one, but with more anvils and bounce floors. xD But yeah, most of the hard maps get deleted immediately cause the nibs can't make it.
Back to top Go down
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 am

youtube video of how my first map works!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8LCBq2LHaw

Took me 30 seconds to get the cheese and 17 seconds to get to the hole, having a total time of 47 seconds through the course.

Last edited by Mouseterize on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Honestly, I would vote yes on the first and third maps, and no on the second and fourth. And here's why:

First: A very unique design, and a complex mechanism that requires timing and good judgment. Looks like a fair amount of thought was put into this one.

Second: No. Any map that relies on lag or glitches (aka a luck-based mission) is rather pointless.

Third: Ah, good ol' platforming fun. No walljumping, just a bunch of mice trying to clear a short Mario-like level; and I've always taken a liking to maps where the shaman doesn't have to have mad skillz.

Fourth: Anvil gods and chaotic contraptions like that should be left to the trolls and the thrill-seekers. This makes it another luck-based mission, unless the shaman nails down everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpdimension.net
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:00 pm

I've played the second map. I liked it, and voted yes. I didn't know it was yours! :o
Back to top Go down
http://transformcats.forumotion.com
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Lol thanks for the feedback guys xD

@rebirth haha sadly yea thats true ): nibs are lame QQ
@taco The second map got deleted anyway lol x3 guess others didn't like it
@blahs yea those are really good points you made there xD true the 2nd and 4th map are kinda just for fun for me lol

anyways, heres my newest map!!! inspired by the other maps ive seen here, they gave me the idea of making a time sensitive map xD

Here are vids for it too

Last edited by Mouseterize on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Well well well, perhaps I shouldn't judge walljump maps too much, as any good shaman can get their mice up a wall with the right strategy. Granted, those that DO walljump will make it to the end much faster, but as long as everyone has a fair shot at the cheese I'm not complaining. I'd vote yes on that for sure. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:56 pm

I strongly agree with what Blahs said previously about the first maps you posted and now I'd like to say that the new time sensitive map is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Haha well thanks for your feedbacks again! Sadly it got already voted off.

But today I was playing in 69 and I have to say... I am OUTRAGED!!!! WTF IS THIS??

-points to the mechanism on the bottom left-

WJHHRJSARHJSGFR MINE GOT VOTED OFF BUT HIS DIDNT? I mean I have to admit it really looks epic but CMON!!!!! I HAVEN'T SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS SINCE I MADE IT FOR FCKS SAKE = =" Some Crav guy made it and it got I think 61 or 68%? idk its between 60 and 68. but omfg.... = =

[EDIT] I am so frustrated at how stupid easy maps get so many yes votes(there was a map where all you had to do was run up the cheese and down back the hole on an incline) that I have now made a ridiculously easy map that noobs might find "fun" (tramp grounds) and funny(drawing using map editor) and would probably vote yes for. And, well, here it is.

It's stupid. Period.
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:04 pm

It's because the public are stupid. I mean, you can't play this game in a numbered room without seeing a dozen lemmings falling to their death on a level that's been around since nigh the beginning. And many people will vote a map down because they personally failed on it, or because the shaman couldn't build a bridge in time or was a troll. This is why I'm not personally publishing any maps until they do something about the voting system. It's a huge waste of cheese if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:02 am

Blahsadfeguie wrote:
It's because the public are stupid. I mean, you can't play this game in a numbered room without seeing a dozen lemmings falling to their death on a level that's been around since nigh the beginning. And many people will vote a map down because they personally failed on it, or because the shaman couldn't build a bridge in time or was a troll. This is why I'm not personally publishing any maps until they do something about the voting system. It's a huge waste of cheese if you ask me.

Indeed. But LO AND BEHOLD!!!

27 August
• Adding features to the editor.
• The players must have collected at least 500 cheeses to rate maps.

THE ADMINS HAVE SPOKEN!!!!

-republishes maps-

[edit]
ALRIGHT HERE COMES MY PISTON MAP VERSION 2!!!! Well... you do exactly the same thing except the elevator is just different looking.... but it looks cooler c: ....

Oh and btw exporting maps now cost 50 cheese instead of 20.
Back to top Go down
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Alright. Well... my piston map kept getting deleted so I finally had to do it.... I noobified it.

Here it is, my third and LAST version of my piston map. I'm not changing it any further =3=
It's still unpublished. Dunno if I should bother.

Back to top Go down
Kalistik

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:59 am

Mousterize, other people will have the same ideas as you at some points, and so it isn't really a problem if they create another piston level. I personally created three or four of them before I even saw this post. It isn't as though they made an exact clone of your level. It's like seeing another shaman build an airship and being like: "My airship uses balloons to lift mice too! That was my idea!" It just isn't rational. People will use basic parts and ideas with a twist to them, and that's just the way it will be.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
http://www.pokemonnow.com/simple/index.php
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:53 pm

@Kalistik: True you have a very good point xD oops oh well my bad

Anyways, haven't posted here in a long time. Wellps, here's an update!

5 new maps !!! xD and it seems like I haven't posted my final version of my piston map here so I'm gona post that up too :3

--------------------------------------
Piston Map ver3.3(FINAL) [this map has been deleted for the 325239572th time]

Mechanized Bridge map [newly published map]

Cart Cross map [newly published map]

Piston Wall map(soulmate) [unpublished]

Hole Hunt map(soulmate) [unpublished]

Anvil Drop map(night mode) [published but has been deleted]
Back to top Go down
Kalistik

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:29 pm

I love the new piston levels!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
http://www.pokemonnow.com/simple/index.php
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Ahaha thanks Kalistik!! 8D

TWO MORE NEW MAPS!!! These were made yesterday. I was gona make a new one today but I got lazy xD

--------------------------------

Retracting Pillars map
[unpublished]

The two middle normal grounds move up and down. If you stay on top of them as they reach their minimum height, you WILL die.

--------------------------------

Ball Bridge map [unpublished]

Basic map where shaman can just do one thing and save all the mice. Of course nothing is stopping him from being creative and doing something else to save the mice [: Without shaman help though, the mice pretty much are doomed xD
Back to top Go down
Mouseterize

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:50 am

C map (status=34% 55votes)

I had to fight the urge to make a horizontally moving block at the bottom of this map xD

--------------------
Ice Wall Steps map(+3 wind) (status=unpublished)

--------------------
Rotating Ground map (status=49% 77votes)

To be honest, I'm surprised the 3rd map has more yeses than the 1st map. I think the 3rd map is just whatever :\ I didn't even spend much time thinking it up unlike the 1st map.

--------------------
Elevators Map(collision)

I was debating on whether to put the rotating boxes there or not. With the box, the mice can get to the middle ground by themselves. Without them, as far as I can tell they would probably need shaman help... unless they step on each others head at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Like what Blahsad said...

I don't think the Hole Hunt map deserves a lot because you have to try each place for one. This game is based on puzzles, not chances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mouseterize's Maps Galore!   

Back to top Go down

Mouseterize's Maps Galore!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Transformcats :: Transformice :: Rooms and Maps :: Map Editor-
Jump to: