19% [ 3 ]
Could do with some work
31%
 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Baron

PostSubject: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:34 am

I am usally the peaceful type, but I have secretly been training to knock out any shaman from a casual sparrer to a hardy pro. I will share my tips with you.

I am also taking suggestions, but not ones to delete tips.

Tip 1: Make a Platform
No no no, not THAT type. THIS type!

It helps so you can dodge incoming cannons.

Tip 2: Know Your Enemy - Anticipate The Moves
This shouldn't be too hard if you know the other shaman well. If not, study his/her strategies. Estimate his/her W:L record. And finally, use evasive maneuvers. (See Tip 4)

Tip 3: Get The High Ground
This is a classic warfare tip. Make something like you would to block a hole, but in mid air. Then get yourself on top. Pretty simple, and if did right they can't cannon you but you can cannon them.

Tip 4: Evasive Maneuvers
This is another classic warfare tip. If the other shaman cannonballs low, you can jump over it. If he/she cannons high, you can duck or stay depending on the height of high. And if they cannon middle, you can either stand at the edge of your platform, jump and feel lucky, or you can make a mad dive for your platform.

Tip 5: Hotkey Power
Most people don't use hotkeys. So think twice before clicking that cannon, because if you USED YOUR DAMN HOTKEYS then you could have spirited him off his ledge. (Thanks Blah)

I will finsh it later.

Last edited by Vaarsivius on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jioge

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:48 pm

I agree with number 4, but not really the other two. By the time you build a platform, he will already have killed you or destroyed what you built. Also, it is unlikely that anybodies strategies for killing you will differ from just cannoning and spiriting. #3 will not help because they will follow you to the high ground if they are unable to cannon you.
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 pm

The best way to knockout the other shaman is to be quick about it. The fastest shaman almost always wins. The hotkey for spirit (2) really helps, as you can hit 2, spirit the shaman, and while they're recovering you'll already be charging your next spirit. Also, most cannon shots are dodgeable even on a normal platform. If the enemy shaman starts spawning a box, and you have a decent reaction time, you can use it against them. Just don't spawn a box directly in front of yourself, or else the enemy can do the same. Also, NEVER block the other shaman's hole while he/she's still alive. They'll probably kill you while you're doing that, and then they'll block your hole too, and all of the normal mice will be mad at both of you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpdimension.net
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:49 pm

jioge wrote:
I agree with number 4, but not really the other two. By the time you build a platform, he will already have killed you or destroyed what you built.
Depends on how quickly you can build. I have memorized the hotkeys and can get things built within seconds, so this isn't really that difficult.

jioge wrote:
Also, it is unlikely that anybodies strategies for killing you will differ from just cannoning and spiriting.
There are also death sleds, Box+Cannon, etc.
jioge wrote:
#3 will not help because they will follow you to the high ground if they are unable to cannon you.
He's talking about maps such as Map 47.
Back to top Go down
http://transformcats.forumotion.com
ImNotCheap

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice guide.
Back to top Go down
jioge

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Taco, if your opponent is smart, and sees that you are spawning an item, they will start to spawn a cannon or spirit at the same time. You will be immobilized if you continue to spawn the item, and they will destroy you.
Back to top Go down
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:22 pm

jioge wrote:
Taco, if your opponent is smart, and sees that you are spawning an item, they will start to spawn a cannon or spirit at the same time. You will be immobilized if you continue to spawn the item, and they will destroy you.
Wait, what? First of all, if they "see that you are spawning an item", they cannot spawn another item and do it faster. All items have the same spawn rate. Second of all, you can't really be immobilized unless covered with anvils or something. I don't quite understand your argument.
Back to top Go down
jioge

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:56 pm

They can time their spawn so closely that you will not have enough time to dodge if you wish to finish your spawn. By immobilized I meant that you cannot move as you continue to hold down the button."
Back to top Go down
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 am

Timing their spawn is obviously after you've spawned an item, such as a cannon or spirit, so you may be able to kill them before any of this happens anyway. Using the spirit tactic to continue spiriting a shaman to prevent them from getting anything done is a good (but slow) tactic that prevents you from being killed (but prevents building).
Back to top Go down
Baron

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:32 am

Shameless bump, but for a good cause: the new TM players!
Back to top Go down
JoyousOne

Location : Ready? Use the "POWER OF TEAMWORK" to spawn a portal, walk through it, ignore the cake, do a barrel roll into the anvil god, ride the anvil god, jump on Yoshi to Delfino Plaza and then Drive the nearby Banshee and walk into Pallet Town. Its to your right. Otherwise known as room 18.

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 am

My suggestion is to type truce as fast as you can before they fire. Then, just stay on the defensive and spawn bridges around the same time as they do.
Back to top Go down
Baron

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:39 am

DOUBLE POST!

Also, this is a SHAMAN BATTLE guide. Why truce in a guide for SHAMAN BATTLES?
Back to top Go down
JoyousOne

Location : Ready? Use the "POWER OF TEAMWORK" to spawn a portal, walk through it, ignore the cake, do a barrel roll into the anvil god, ride the anvil god, jump on Yoshi to Delfino Plaza and then Drive the nearby Banshee and walk into Pallet Town. Its to your right. Otherwise known as room 18.

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:14 am

Wait, how do you delete posts. I completely forgot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 am

JoyousOne wrote:
Wait, how do you delete posts. I completely forgot.

Taken care of Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shamanpro

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 am

nice guide!
Back to top Go down
Spudzes

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:43 pm

I got a few tactics.

1.Unkillable
Baloon yourself and attach a red joint plank TO the baloon so you're now stuck in the air and unkillable.

2.Spirits are useful too!
By spiriting them off ledges early on while they are scrolling down to the cannon you effectivly knocked out thier offensive power.

3.In the air
Cannon your FEET, countless noobs have done this and knocked themselves large distances) this should make you fly in the air and the other shaman will have a cannon coming at him/her. Then keep up a cannon barrage with you keep getting launched and them jumping and ducking.

4.Use a box
This is a old one but still effective if your fast, make a bigbox seperating you and your enemy then c cannon on the box towards them, however this can fail thanks to lagg.

5.cake
Call a peace then just when you have finished building. boom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Win a Shaman Battle   

Back to top Go down

How to Win a Shaman Battle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Transformcats :: Transformice :: Tips, Tricks, and Guides :: Guides-
Jump to: