The English Transformice Community

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Glitches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ggggbbbbbb

PostSubject: Glitches   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:44 am

We all know the feeling when a glitch gets us: the initial confusion, the subsequent disbelief, the anger. Maybe your bridge became wobbly for no reason and it launched you out of the map, or maybe you glitched out of that swing again. The developers addressed the issue of preprepared items (e.g. the anvil god, cars, etc.) falling apart with one of the recent updates, but in the time before they did, gameplay was quite different from normal. Do you think that they should work on fixing glitches before releasing new maps and items?
Back to top Go down
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 am

I don't think they should test maps. I think it gives the new maps a "beta tester" sort of feel. Being there while all the terrible glitches take place is a nice feeling to have.
Back to top Go down
http://transformcats.forumotion.com
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:04 pm

It may also have to do with lag while everyone is connecting to a server. That's why I suggest we go to the secondary english server.
Back to top Go down
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:23 pm

eXistance wrote:
Tacokitty wrote:
It may also have to do with lag while everyone is connecting to a server. That's why I suggest we go to the secondary english server.

Is there really less lag on that server?
I don't know.
Back to top Go down
ggggbbbbbb

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 pm

There probably is less lag, because fewer people use the en2 server, so people connecting wouldn't cause as many problems. However, the lag also depends on everyone's connection, so we can't do anything about people who have poor connections and who, as a result, lag a lot.
Back to top Go down
ggggbbbbbb

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:28 am

Based on the replies so far, most people like the glitches because they add to the feel of the game, making it more fun to play. I agree, since Transformice is the only game to have made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
BLueCoatz

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Hai Guise, first post after forumstalking for a few days.

Anyways, I found the first glitch ingame that hasn't really made me laugh, though the reply did Smile.

It happened right after the balls respawned.
Back to top Go down
Rebirth

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:30 pm

I never glitch out. Pretty annoying to be the only one who can't get out. xD
But I love it when suddenly a bridge starts glitching and everyone gets launched.
Back to top Go down
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:27 am

Rebirth wrote:
I never glitch out. Pretty annoying to be the only one who can't get out. xD
But I love it when suddenly a bridge starts glitching and everyone gets launched.
Is it because you have a faster connection? Slow connections and lag may be the reason people have glitches. It may also be because there are many people on the first English server, and I'm sure people on the secondary server have less lag.
Back to top Go down
Rebirth

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:28 am

Yeah I think the 2nd server has less lags, that's why I always play there. My internet is pretty slow, but my computer is very fast so that might be it.
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:53 pm

What is wrong with this picture?

Yep, the drag and the other shaman's plank switched places. This seems to happen quite a lot, especially with bombs...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpdimension.net
BLueCoatz

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:13 pm

When two shammies spawn at the same time RUNE gets SPIRIT up, I used that glitch to take down an SHAMAN shammy's airship, I spawned at anvil at the same time as his balloon and the anvil got roped to it and epically BALLOON the airship.

EDIT:
Back to top Go down
ggggbbbbbb

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:47 am

Something that I witnessed while playing earlier today: using glitching as a way to save mice. One mouse decided--unwisely--to ignore the shaman's arrows, and consequently became trapped behind a plank. The shaman, well versed in the art of glitching, cannoned the mouse through the plank to the cheese, thus leaving no mouse behind.
Back to top Go down
Tacokitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:47 am

I like Shamans that save all of the mice. Though they're probably doing it for points, it still makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
SFM

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Some glitches are actually useful, like glitching out of a cart, (I hate being in that cart) but a lot more are not.

I think they should devote a day to shutting down all the servers and trying to fix every glitch they can find. Then the following day they can open the new, glitch-free servers. Not that big of a deal, really.
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:41 am

They don't have to shut down the servers to work on an update; they just have to edit the code of the swf file (or however they do it) on their own machines and then, when they're done, shut down the servers for a few minutes while they get rid of the old and replace it with the new. If the glitches were that big a deal, they'd have them fixed by now, but with each new update, usually something else gets broken in the process, and it's a vicious cycle. Your best bet would be to learn how to play around the glitches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpdimension.net
John

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:35 pm

So..what you're saying is...they don't have to shut down the servers for updates but they have to shut down their servers for a few minutes which is kind of the same thing.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Alighieri
«Divine Philosopher»
Shaman Dance
Alighieri
«Divine Philosopher»
Dancing
Alighieri
«Divine Philosopher»
Shaman Dance
Back to top Go down
SFM

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Well hurr durr derpity derp, what's so crazy about my idea? I mean, they had to shut down the servers to solve the hacking thing... I don't see the difference, really. Sure, the glitches aren't that big of a deal, but, hey, they look like they can be fixed rather easily.

(Don't quote me on that though, I'm no programmer.)
Back to top Go down
Baron

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:18 am

This.

Multi-Shaman Bug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitches   

Back to top Go down

Glitches
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1