Transformcats

The English Transformice Community

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iamjagman

PostSubject: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Spout is a mod that adds more in depth server-client interaction. It's goal is to add Multiplayer mods that would normally not be possible without installing every mod that is on the server on the client, with no install, only a custom launcher that automatically mods your minecraft for you (only for that launcher) depending on the server mods. Now to anyone with much knowledge of Java/Minecraft Modding, this might seem impossible without using a vanilla server and directly modding it. But no, Spout manages to do most of this with just a plugin, and the spout team is constantly working on adding the rest, and I, for one, believe that if anyone can do it, they can. Also, for those of you who don't trust launchers not made by mojang, believe me, I've used it enough to know that it isn't going to steal anyones password. The only reason it's a launcher is because otherwise, it couldn't possibly download the mod files from the server, as the contents of the minecraft.jar can't "reload" itself (i believe that that's how spout works, it loads the minecraft.jar along with anything else the server adds (to some extent) when connecting to a server. But it is just in that instance, it doesn't actually permanently mod your jar with those server mods, they dissapear immediately after disconnecting). It can, however, be difficult to find servers running spout (some of the plugins REQUIRE that spout be used, while some of them don't. A lot of servers that you guys already play on may have spout and you might just not realize because the plugins don't kick you for not using spout. In any case, spout makes it a lot more convenient to play on any server. I get much less lag when using spout even when not connected to a spout server).

EDIT: Erm, sorry for the wall of text, I got a little bit carried away :3

tl;dr Use spout. It's awesome.

Spout page for bukkit (the client mod page): http://dev.bukkit.org/client-mods/spoutcraft/

Last edited by iamjagman on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ignorance

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:08 pm

How do you install this?
Back to top Go down
iamjagman

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:42 pm

iamjagman wrote:
...with no install, only a custom launcher that automatically mods your minecraft for you (only for that launcher) depending on the server mods...

You download the launcher and you run it... -.- It's no install.
Back to top Go down
Ignorance

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:09 am

iamjagman wrote:
iamjagman wrote:
...with no install, only a custom launcher that automatically mods your minecraft for you (only for that launcher) depending on the server mods...

I downloaded the .exe and it's not doing anything when I'm clicking on it. Is there a certain step I have to take?
Back to top Go down
iamjagman

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:43 am

Ignorance wrote:
iamjagman wrote:
iamjagman wrote:

I downloaded the .exe and it's not doing anything when I'm clicking on it. Is there a certain step I have to take?

Hrm, gimme a sec. I'm on mac and it works fine, but I'll check it out for you.

EDIT: I had put the wrong link, but I changed it now. I think that is the one you tried though, so try downloading the jar and making a .bat file with the below in it. Tell me if you get any errors, and If you don't, then IDK. If it only launches with the jar, i guess you could just use the batch file...
Code:
java -Xmx1024 -Xms1024 -jar Spoutcraft.jar
Back to top Go down
Ignorance

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 am

iamjagman wrote:
Ignorance wrote:
iamjagman wrote:
iamjagman wrote:

EDIT: I had put the wrong link, but I changed it now. I think that is the one you tried though, so try downloading the jar and making a .bat file with the below in it. Tell me if you get any errors, and If you don't, then IDK. If it only launches with the jar, i guess you could just use the batch file...
Code:

Wat? Batch code? I no speek Java code.
Back to top Go down
iamjagman

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:05 am

Ignorance wrote:
iamjagman wrote:
Ignorance wrote:
iamjagman wrote:
iamjagman wrote:

Code:

Wat? Batch code? I no speek Java code.

*Sigh* its not java...
I'll walk you through it anyways though.

Make a new plain text file (using textedit), and inside it put the text
Code:
Then save it as "Launchspout.bat". Put it in the directory that Spoutcraft.jar is in, then double click it.
Back to top Go down
Ignorance

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Nothing happened, but when I went to Roaming (%appdata%), I saw a .spoutcraft folder. It had nothing in it. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)   

Back to top Go down

Spout (Not a mod that adds spouts to the game, lol)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Transformcats :: Minecraft :: Minecraft Mods-
Jump to: